Oct 13, 2010
Today’s guests have “other” dorkdoms and we FINALLY get to it at the end of the show – but we mostly discussed how much we like standup comedy. Because what the three of us really are, are comedy dorks. So, it’s another great show about how much we love standup comedy. J
Jimmy Dore – links to his two podcasts, his facebook/twitter/comedy schedule and all of it on his website and Matt Knudsen has a new CD; “The Comedy Stylings of Matt Knudsen” is available on iTunes and Amazon.
2. Seinfeld started in 1990
3. Pat McCurdy – Chicago musician - http://www.patmccurdy.com/
4. I actually did want to be a Park Ranger in high school. I guess I’ve embarrassed myself with aspirations from childhood. I don’t even know how to camp.
6. Bill Maher’s fiction about standup: True Story (I’m still not reading it)
7. Jimmy’s thrill of Matt’s regular gig at the Playboy Mansion
8. Del Close - http://losangeles.ucbtheatre.com/schedule/
Sound note: I don't think the sound taped through the board, it came right out of the ZOOM. Live and learn. Also, I'm building character: Listening to my own podcast is ... a learning experience. I think that Chicago comics like Jimmy Dore bring my Wisconsin/Chicago accent back with a vengence.
It ends and then it doesn’t… much like leaving a party. Keeping with the immediacies of being in the room of a podcast: there is a lot of chewing going and my phone rang twice during the show and I weeded off for more coffee. It felt wrong to edit it out. So, feel free to email me if you’d like more of something. Take care out there, Jackie
Mike Ruekberg did the intro and outro music (that Mexican Hat Dance just makes me happy to listen to, so I'm closing the show with it for now).
Patrick Brady, friend of comedy and TDF knows how to use audio software and fixed the audio. I'm hoping to learn how to do it myself, but he said he LIKES doing it. So thank you and FUN!